Pr. 12:1: “Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.”
We went to a revival service last night and the Lord corrected me. As the evangelist was giving his altar call, when I should have been preparing to come down and pray for healing, I was doubting. The Holy Spirit gave out a message and literally asked me, “After all this, are you still doubting? After all you’ve seen me do?” Tears poured down my face. He was right.
I have no problem worshiping the King of Kings and Great I Am. Simply because of who He is, He is worthy. Just because He is Lord, He deserves my praise. But sometimes I still struggle with doubt. Does He want healing for me? Is that His will? I haven’t asked Him for healing in a while because I decided to be content with the life I’ve been given. However, as I went to the altar last night, asking for forgiveness for my doubt, I also asked the Lord to increase my faith. I asked the Lord to have mercy on me and heal me. I am believing He has heard my prayer and am placing my faith in His power!
I am going to begin studying my Bible specifically for faith and seeking an increase in my faith, so for today I am going to remind myself of some of the faithful ways the Lord has shown Himself Lord over my life.
- He spared me from being raped by a boyfriend when I was 15
- He saved me from suicide a few months later
- He has always given me a job when I needed one
- He introduced me to the most unlikely man who would end up being my godly husband, at the most unexpected moment in my life. That man brought me back to the Lord.
- When I was 23 and low on money, he sent me a co-worker with a box of food, complete with homemade Christmas goodies 🙂
- When my father was bedridden with a terminal diagnosis, the Lord delivered him and got him out of that bed to continue on with life
- He delivered my father from prostate cancer
- He delivered my sister-in-law from breast cancer
- As my husband and I have paid our tithes throughout our marriage, the Lord has always met our needs
- He has provided clothing for our children through friends throughout most of their childhood
- He saved me and then didn’t give up on me when I went astray. He has forgiven me over and over again
- He gave me 2 beautiful children that I never deserved, through His grace and His mercy.
This is just the tip of the iceburg of the many ways the Lord has shown Himself faithful over to me over the years. He is the same God today that He was yesterday. He will be the same God tomorrow! I will continue to remember all that He has done for my family and me as I think of His goodness.
Increasing in faith,